Marketing Automation Manager | Amsterdam
UBM plc is a leading global B2B events organiser. It is the largest listed pure-play organiser in the world and the leading organiser in the US and Asia.
In an increasingly digital world, the value of connecting on a meaningful, human level has never been more important. At UBM, our deep knowledge and passion for the industry sectors we serve allow us to create environments where people can succeed. At our events people build relationships, close deals and grow their businesses.
Our 3,750 staff, based in more than 20 countries, serve more than 50 different industry sectors - from fashion to pharmaceutical ingredients. These global networks, skilled and passionate people and market-leading events provide exciting opportunities for business people to achieve their ambitions.
This is a new and exciting role at UBM EMEA that will take responsibility for managing Eloqua for delivery of both exhibitor/visitor marketing campaigns across a diverse range of EMEA events. Working closely with the UBM marketers, tech and data teams this role will ensure all integrations are stable, our contact data is clean and usable and all the assets and templates required for exhibitor/visitor marketing production are live, tested and rendering properly.
This role requires an intimate knowledge of Eloqua and also the ability to trouble shoot issues, advise the business on best practices and what's possible using this MA tool to help marketing teams realise their goals through the capabilities of marketing technology.
- Responsible for all integrations into the exhibitor/visitor marketing automation system; including Salesforce CRM, visitor data warehouse, social media platforms, mobile applications and websites
- Ensure the data in our exhibitor/visitor Marketing Automation systems is clean, standardised and aligned to the needs of the business. Work with the data team to set up and manage data cleaning programs to ensure that Data hygiene standards are being met (duplication, standardization, subscription management)
- Ensure all required assets, emails and templates are loaded. Manage upload and archive processes for all assets at the beginning and close of each show cycle
- Administer the Eloqua marketing automation platform for optimal performance whilst concurrently meeting the needs of the business. This includes setting up tagging, picklists, integrations, etc.
- Manage inbound forms field requirements (lead generation) to ensure we are collecting the necessary data to establish marketing qualification for our sales teams.
- Act as an advocate of customer email marketing experience, monitoring overall email volumes, list fatigue, subscription preferences and promoting consistent, cohesive conversations from a marketing automation perspective
- Work with the marketing and sales teams to optimize the lead scoring programs and manage Salesforce marketing campaign setup
- Work with marketing teams to create triggered and batched campaigns for lead gen/nurture and visitor acquisition and retention, and manage asset and template uploads and naming conventions. Manage the email marketing calendar to ensure proper email governance rules are followed.
- Create lead capture forms and landing pages to support acquisition and demand generation programs, to successfully reach new customers and expand revenue growth within existing customer base.
- Create meaningful database segmentation so we can tailor campaign and program messages for targeted audiences across specific market segments, industries and roles.
- Document processes and procedures for all marketing workflows within Eloqua, acting as the primary"power user" to cross-train and support other global marketing users on best-practice use of the system.
- Create systematic data segmentation and dynamic content setups
- Trouble shoot and solve issues as they arise
- Attend conferences, webinars, and online training and certification programs to ensure the latest thinking in MA techniques is being used across the EMEA business.
- Leverage both qualitative and quantitative data and insights to inform and optimize program, campaign and content strategy
- Structure, collect, and visualize campaign and marketing data to support decision-making processes; work with appropriate marketing stakeholders to ensure accountability
- Be responsible for overall system health including maintenance to reduce disruptions.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree; work experience in Marketing Automation (Eloqua a must)
- 3+ years CRM tool (Salesforce) experience
- 3+ years Marketing Automation Platform (Eloqua) experience
- Experience with analytics tools (Adobe Site Catalyst, Google Analytics, etc.
- Excellent critical thinking and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal communication and presentation skills
- Outstanding communication, leadership and organizational skills; Strong presenter
- Great communication skills both written and verbal.
- Experience in data strategy, warehousing, integration, management and visualization and knowledge of marketing automation and CRM tools (Salesforce preferred)
- Experience working with modern marketers centred on optimizing the demand generation process.
- Experience administering a Marketing Automation Platform involving complex buyer journeys across a wide array of products and services. Experience with creation of assets, programs and automations.
- Comfortable with HTML emails and landing page layout.
- Ability to create reports in a Marketing Automation Platform and Salesforce. Advanced MS Office and Salesforce skills.
- Demonstrated experience utilizing qualitative and quantitative metrics to manage programs in order to drive revenue, conversion, sales and other marketing goals.
- Able to meet deliverables and drive work to completion within specified timelines.
- Expertise in event marketing, and/or the tradeshow/expo industry a plus.
- Able to present ideas and solutions to many audiences including senior management.
- Can work cross functionally in many areas without being constrained by your job function.
- Able to organize, prioritize, and manage multiple projects, initiatives, stakeholders and vendors/partners simultaneously with appropriate sense of urgency
- Able to learn new industries, customers and technologies and translate value to internal clients and external customers and audiences
- Able to analyse, interpret, draw conclusions, and implement solutions on a variety of complex issues
- Individual must be self-focusing and able to drive the critical few priorities in an environment where many demands and requests present themselves
We are an equal opportunities employer committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture. We actively welcome applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates from minority ethnic backgrounds and LGBT communities as they are currently underrepresented at application stage.