UBM are looking for a Brand Manager for their food portfolio.
As an employee of UBM you will have access to a positive company culture, a flexible and professional environment, extensive Employee Benefits and a commitment from us that we will invest in developing your talent.
The Brand Manager will be responsible for the commercial management and development of business-to-business food events in different global markets, specific events to be assigned, working with the Brand Director and other Brand Manager on developing new initiatives and projects to grow the business globally. The Brand Manager will also work very closely with the sales team in generating revenue from international customers into each of the events.
The Brand Manager will liaise with the Group's senior management to ensure that the development of the products fit within the strategic objectives of the wider portfolio while developing a long-term strategy for profitable growth. He/she will be responsible for the effective and commercial management and development of the events to deliver agreed new business and renewal revenue targets within time and cost constraints.
P&L management is a pivotal element of the role, assisting the Group's senior management in both delivering the required revenue, managing costs effectively to deliver on event KPI's.
In addition, he/she will be the key interface with our global teams ensuring a positive and successful working relationship.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide accurate and timely reporting of event KPI's and forecasts
- Set, adhere to and manage event P&Ls, for events outside of Europe in collaboration with global partners
- Monitor team and individual performance against targets and KPI's
- Indirect management of sales team, as well as local partners teams globally
- Collaborate closely with sales manager to recommend and implement agreed sales strategy including territory and account planning
- Monitor sales performance and tracking vs. forecasts closely in order to anticipate changes compared to forecasting
- Deliver agreed revenue targets by value and volume
- Liaise with marketing on messaging and communication to generate business leads and achieve visitor goals
- Liaise with finance for financial reporting requirements
- Provide market, competitor, product& visitor intelligence
- Responsible for determining and executing business development strategy
- Responsible for further development of own events, considering the strategy for the events as well as the portfolio, by transferring the strategic objectives into tactical plans and leading the execution of these across sales, marketing, content and operations
- Undertake any other reasonable task as required
- Proven commercial experience on high performing events with consistent track record of meeting or exceeding targets
- Creative and structured approach to motivating and managing a matrix team
- Proven ability to handle and implement multiple projects with different stakeholders
- Ability to manage projects effectively, adhering to given timelines with the ability to react flexibly if needed
- Proven ability to build relationships at senior levels
- Proven ability to build strategies and implement tactics
- Interest in working with different cultures
- Strong commercial/ financial understanding and forecasting skills, including experience with working with P&Ls on both the revenue and the cost side
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the (large scale or B2B) events and/ or exhibition industry
- Proven understanding of and demonstrated ability to manage the dynamics of working with multiple stakeholders and/ or departments and managing the different interests and needs
- Ability to match business objectives with client needs
- Fluency in English
OTHER PREFERRED ATTRIBUTES:
- Ability to work with multiple partners in other global regions
- Experience in working with different cultures (i.e. Asia)
- Knowledge of marketing processes and strategies
- Experience with event logistics/ operations
- Conference production experience
- Strong presentation skills
UBM is committed to its policy of equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees. Our employment practices are based on each person's skills, abilities and performance. We provide equal opportunity in employment to qualified individuals regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender identity, gender re-assignment, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by law. We invite you to be part of an organization that is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture and to being a responsible, sustainable business.